Post #1
1st post
Hello, welcome to my blog. This is my first post and an intro to my land that I chose. It's a part of the Allegan State game land. I hope to hunt it this fall.
-8 pm 8/31/22
-Clear sky
-74 degrees
-69% humidity
- 13 hrs, 13 min was the length of day
This is a sound map I made the first time I visited, I figured I'd hear the most on the first day. Sorry its a bit wrinkled, its a hike in the backwoods with no major trails so it got a little messed up. But I was hearing birds, squirrels, bugs, crickets and other critters too!
And this is my intro video showing the land I chose.
Here is where I'll be putting my stand and below is a panoramic view of the land
Questions from visit 1
-Will the bugs get less buggy later in the season?
-How many deer will I see here?
-Are the 2 scrapes I saw current or old?
Observations from visit 1
-I noticed 2 big game trails passing through 2 buck scrapes
- I noticed and felt a crap ton of bugs
-Everything was green however on my way here I passed a section that that was all burned from a small forest fire
GREAT start! I LOVE that you have questions to think about and watch for as you continue forward. That is fantastic! Feel free to add a few more pics in the next weeks where you have no video requirement.
ReplyDeleteGood video -- good observations already in the intro.