Post #2
2nd Post
Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, I made my way back to the land this time with a climbing tree stand for two reasons, first to get used to using the climber since its different than the ladder stands I've used in the past and secondly my hope was to get 20 ish feet above those pesky bugs... It didn't work too well. It was better than my last trip though, I think I came home with 6 mosquito bites as opposed to the dozens a few weeks ago. The main info of the trip was:
-7:55-8:20 pm 9/19/22
-Clear sky
-70 Degrees
-72% humidity
-12 hr 19 min was the length of the day
I have been struggling with getting videos onto blogger so I created a youtube channel and will post the links here:
Squirrels, Birds and Crickets, Oh My!
This will be my one and only night post, it was the only time that worked in my schedule for this section, so sorry in advance for the darkness of the videos, that is due to the sun setting and light leaving us haha. But I got some cool audio of critters and insects in that last video. At the beginning of Squirrels, Birds and Crickets, Oh My! you can hear a squirrel drop an acorn I'd assume. And then we obviously have our local bugs and crickets and night birds chirping in the background too which I found cool. I also had a Bat sighting, its hard to see in the video but in the tree in front of me there was a bat swooping by. I also showed My View from 20 ft up in a tree stand where we can see cool shooting lanes, greenery, fields and woods. I look forward to the coming up hunts, Im 15 yards from the scrape I talked about in my first post and 20yds from the major game trail so my hopes are high for this coming fall.
I am also going to be taking a picture of this view every time, from here we can see a lot of trees, that are still green, a clear of snow ground, and green shrubbery. I will be interested to see how this changes as fall and winter progress, I also hope to use a nicer camera so things aren't as blurry.
In my first blog I asked the question "Will the bugs get less buggy later in the season?" That was back on August 31. September 19 came and I will say the bugs did get a little less buggy but still not fun. But I think they will continue to get less buggy. Next time I'm bringing long sleeves just to be a little more cautious, It will also be hunting season so it will be camouflage too.
Excellent work! You're doing a great job making observations and thinking forward to future visits! You have clearly chosen a great spot! Start watching for patterns in leaf color and leaf fall.
ReplyDelete